By Andreas Fulda (eds.)
Read or Download Civil Society Contributions to Policy Innovation in the PR China: Environment, Social Development and International Cooperation PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
Do not panic. evenly, capably (as just a completely immersed 30 yr veteran and thought-leader can be), Mal Warwick examines the downturn and its influence on charitable giving some time past (the unmarried most sensible research i have encountered), then explains what moderate and decided nonprofits can do to counter the sick results.
''As a practitioner and proposal chief, Paul Niven is beautifully bridging the gulf among BSC conception and alertness via hands-on stories and real-world case stories. The booklet offers a pragmatic highway map, step by step, to plot, execute, and maintain a profitable scorecard crusade. effortless to learn .
Humans looking paintings in both non-profit or executive companies are inclined to have anything in universal: they wish a task the place they could make a distinction. those corporations aren’t for the faint of spirit—money might be a subject, and the emotional calls for might be nice. yet for devoted individuals with a feeling of civic accountability, those enterprises will be the main worthwhile locations to paintings.
The Jossey-Bass guide of Nonprofit management and administration deals a accomplished and in-depth description of the simplest management and administration practices that may be utilized all through a nonprofit association. This moment version of the best-selling instruction manual brings you: present wisdom and traits in potent perform of nonprofit association management and administration.
- Nonprofit Essentials: Major Gifts (AFP Fund Development Series) (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
- Breakthrough Nonprofit Branding: Seven Principles to Power Extraordinary Results (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
- Accounting Principles and Practice
- C++ timesaving techniques for dummies
- The Nonprofit Challenge: Integrating Ethics Into the Purpose and Promise of Our Nation's Charities
Extra info for Civil Society Contributions to Policy Innovation in the PR China: Environment, Social Development and International Cooperation
30 Introduction 60. J. Y. J. Hsu (2012) ‘Space of Civil Society: The Role of Migrant NonGovernmental Organizations in Beijing and Shanghai’, Progress in Development Studies, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 65–6. 61. org/2012/09/new-report-released-2012china-social-enterprise-report/ (accessed 1 June 2013. PART 1 Environmental NGOs: Between a Rock and a Hard Place 2 Environment and Health in China: The Role of Environmental NGOs in Policy Innovation Kathinka Fürst and Jennifer Holdaway The impact of environmental degradation on health in China has become increasingly evident in recent years.
53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 29 Evolving Government-NGO Relations’, China Perspectives, no. 2012/3, pp. 9–17, at p. 17. Joel S. Migdal (1994), The state in society: an approach to struggles for domination, in Joel Migdal, Atul Kohli, Vivienne Shue (eds) State Power and Social Forces. Domination and Transformation in the Third World, p. 23. Nancy C. Roberts and Paula J. King (1991) ‘Policy Entrepreneurs: Their Activity Structure and Function in the Policy Process’, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory.
In recent years, China’s environmental authorities have therefore adopted a proactive approach that allows civil society actors to participate in the overarching environmental governance 9 project. This edited volume explores the ways in which civil society actors contribute to policy innovation in China with a focus on their role as policy 10 entrepreneurs. In this chapter, we look at the ways in which ENGOs are working on the impact of pollution on health, the extent to which they are engaging in policy innovation and the factors that shape their ability to do so.