Want to profit all approximately Ruby on Rails 2.0, the net program framework that's inspiring builders around the globe?
the second one version of this functional, palms on booklet will:
- show you ways to put in Ruby on Rails on home windows, Mac, or Linux
- walk you, step-by-step, in the course of the improvement of an internet 2.0 social information program, similar to digg.com
- show you ways to check, debug, benchmark, and install your Rails software
in contrast to different Rails books, this publication does not suppose that you're an skilled net developer, or that you've got used Ruby sooner than. a complete bankruptcy is dedicated to studying Ruby in a enjoyable manner, utilizing the interactive Ruby console, so that you can keep on with alongside at domestic. you may be an finished Ruby programmer very quickly!
the instance program that the ebook builds - a user-generated information website - is outfitted upon with every one following bankruptcy, and ideas similar to classes, cookies and uncomplicated AJAX utilization are progressively brought. varied elements of Rails, resembling consumer authentication, consultation cookies, and automatic checking out are explored with every one characteristic that's additional to the appliance.
The e-book finishes with chapters on debugging, benchmarking and deployment to a dwell internet server.
by way of the tip of the publication, you should have outfitted a fully-featured internet 2.0 software and deployed it to the net. And all code is up to date for Rails 2.0, so that you can commence coding instantly with the newest model of Rails.
What Will You examine? This publication will educate you the way to:
- Program with self belief within the Ruby language.
- Build and set up an entire Rails net program.
- Exploit the hot gains to be had in Rails 2.
- Use Rails' Ajax positive factors to create slick interfaces.
- Reap the advantages of a best-practice MVC structure.
- Work with databases simply utilizing ActiveRecord.
- Implement RESTful improvement styles and fresh URLs.
- Create a person authentication process.
- Use item orientated innovations like inheritance and polymorphism.
- Build a complete computerized checking out suite on your software.
- Add plugins to simply increase your application's performance.
- Use migrations to regulate your database schema with out info loss.
- Achieve greatest code reuse with filters and helper services.
- Debug your program utilizing the ruby_debug buyer.
- Analyze your application's functionality utilizing the Rails logging infrastructure.
- Benchmark your program to figure out functionality bottlenecks.
- And plenty extra